A blog dedicated to cooking, knitting, and homeschooling.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Tomato and Mozzarella salad and Crustless Quiche



The tomato salad is pretty simple, 1/2 c. chopped tomatoes, 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese, 3 tbsp. diced onion, drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper. Add a tbsp chopped parsely and a pinch of crushed red pepper, if you desire.

The egg dish. I have been trying to remember where I got the idea from but it has alluded me. Anyways, it was supposed to have a crust, which I did not make because carbs hate me.

3-4 mushrooms chopped and sauteed in olive oil, set aside. Boil 1 sliced leek until tender, drain and set aside.

Beat 4 eggs, seasoned with salt and pepper with 1 tbsp creme fraiche. Add mushrooms, leeks, and 1/4 c gruyere. Bake in greased pan on 325 for 20-30 minutes, or until eggs set and top begins to brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment