A blog dedicated to cooking, knitting, and homeschooling.

Sunday, August 8, 2010

A Special Dinner and One Mean Dinner Breakfast

Corn, red mashed potatoes, asparagus (click here for recipe), sauteed mushrooms, herb butter, and a salt and pepper seasoned, grilled rib eye.


German Pancakes





Asparagus with Hollandaise
And the breakfast plate

The Breakdown:
1.First German Pancake recipe here I add about 1/3 c. sugar, get it in the oven because it takes the longest, I bake mine solely in a glass pan and on 350 for about 45-50 minutes
2. Apples (peel and cut into small pieces) sauteed in 2-3+ tbsp unsalted butter with vanilla, 1/3c sugar and cinnamon to taste. When all prep is done for other foods, start these over medium heat until tender
3. Eggs, just enough scrambled eggs for your family we like 2-3 per person depending on what we're having, add a little butter to the pant and then garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste with a handful or so of shredded cheese.
4. Asparagus, season with salt, pepper and olive oil, put in oven with German pancakes for 10-15 minutes or until tender
5. Hollandaise Sauce, there are a lot of variations, some are intimidating. I halved the one I hyper-linked and cooked it over low in one sauce pot, no complicated equipment necessary. I omitted the cayenne, though I like it, my family does not. It takes about 10 minutes to make.
6. Ham, I reheated leftover ham. In the microwave.

Whew! It is a lot but I also had an egg retirement home living in my fridge and we need to eat them before they went to the Dark Side.

No comments:

Post a Comment