A blog dedicated to cooking, knitting, and homeschooling.

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Buttermilk Sandwich Bread

This is another recipe from the America's Test Kitchen Family Cookbook. I had some extra buttermilk that I wanted to use before it went bad. I didn't have any honey so I proofed the yeast before adding it with the same amount of sugar as the recipe called for honey. The recipe also said to add all of the dry ingredients, including yeast, at once, which I sort of did out of order.

The only dumb thing I did, was actually follow the recipe in one place, it did not say to oil the baking pan, so my bread stuck. Hence there is no picture of it out of it's loaf pan. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't pretty or easy to get the thing out of the pan. The result was a nice fluffy loaf with just the right crust, perfect for sandwiches.

No comments:

Post a Comment