A blog dedicated to cooking, knitting, and homeschooling.

Friday, February 6, 2009

Buttermilk Pancakes

This pancake recipe was from the America's Test Kitchen Family Cookbook. These are absolutely the best plain pancakes I have ever had. The batter takes about 5 minutes to make and I put the hot ones in the oven while I cook the rest. I have also found, like it suggests in the book, that powdered buttermilk is just as good as regular buttermilk. I figured that to make this recipe, it costs under $3.00 with butter and maple syrup. The syrup is the most expensive factor, lately I have not been able to find it for under $14.

1 comment:

  1. Nice! I wish more people knew how easy it is to make pancakes. Then, nobody would waste time w/scary mixes that taste like, well, box:) And w/batter being cheap, I can justify the splurge on the syrup, esp. if it lasts through multiple servings. Yay!

    ReplyDelete